March 18th, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
There is great uncertainty in our community since the emergence of COVID-19. As a business, employer and residents of the city of Grande Prairie, we have been closely monitoring the situation. In particular, we have been following the direction of the Government of Canada, Health Canada, the Government of Alberta and the Chief Medical Officer of Alberta. This situation is ever changing and we will change with it. Our priorities, however, will not change going forward. The health and safety of our staff, customers and the general population is our greatest concern.
Our business is an essential service as outlined by the Federal Government. As such, rest assured, we will continue to operate. Many customers rely on us, and will continue to rely on us for farm/ranch supplies, livestock/animal feed and animal health products. As calving season is upon us, and spring is approaching, it is a good reminder that the agriculture industry must carry on, and so too will we.
In order to ensure continued operation in the safest manner possible, we have made some necessary changes. These are as follows:
- Additional, frequent cleaning of common areas including counters, tills, pin pads, door handles and washrooms.
- Mandatory self-isolation for staff feeling ill or who have recently travelled.
- Social distancing as a necessary precaution.
- Wearing gloves when working in high traffic areas like the tills.
- Frequent hand washing.
- Limit visitors at work.
- Keep the feed mill, warehouse and staff areas free from the public and visitors.
- Rotating/limiting staff in certain areas to limit exposure to the public.
- Reduced store hours. New hours, effective immediately are Monday to Saturday 9am – 6pm (Mill 5:30pm), Sunday 12-5. (Early mornings and Friday nights have been eliminated for now.)
We would also ask our customers to help us be safe and to assist in keeping the public safe. As such, we respectfully request the following:
- Frequent hand washing.
- Use social distancing to limit our exposure and yours.
- If you are sick or have recently travelled, please do not enter our store. Kindly text or call us at 780-532-4888. We can fulfill your order and load it without personal contact.
- Please do not enter our feed warehouse or mill. Kindly ring the bell and place your receipt in the wall folder. A warehouse employee will collect your order and bring it to your vehicle or leave it on the dock.
- We encourage calling ahead / pre-orders to limit your time in the store.
- Phone/text orders are always an option if you do not wish to enter the store. Call/text 780-532-4888. Website orders (www.shop.keddies.com) are always a good option for everyday goods, like Wrangler jeans.
- Refer to Facebook or give us a call for current store/mill hours as they will be subject to change.
- If you are currently experiencing symptoms of fever/cough/sore throat/difficulty breathing and you have been in our store within the last month, please advise us so that we can be aware and we can determine who may have been exposed.
From the Keddie family and staff, we want to thank you for your support. Please bear with us as we navigate this unprecedented situation. Should you have any questions or concerns, we would be happy to speak with you some more. We can be reached by phone/text at 780-532-4888 or visit us online.
Together, we will get through this,
Jeff Keddie, Chief Operating Officer